Have you ever helped a stranger in need? Did you tell a fellow member, volunteer or employee how much they are appreciated?
Simplicity is the beauty behind random acts of kindness and the genuine impact we have on others. They take little time and effort, yet are truly meaningful and unexpected.
Here are 15 simple things you can do:
1. Compliment someone at least once a day.
2. Encourage someone who needs it.
3. Bring flowers to your YMCA & share them.
4. Bake treats for a neighbor.
5. Write a note of appreciation to someone special.
6. Give a ride to someone who can’t drive.
7. Pay for those behind you in the drive through.
8. Call or visit someone who’s sick or lonely.
9. Say something nice to everyone you meet.
10. Send an anonymous gift to a friend.
11. Strike up a friendly conversation with a stranger.
12. Write a note of thanks and leave it with your tip.
13. Make a positive comment on a blog, or Facebook post.
14. Complain less & smile more, in fact smile at a stranger!
15. Make someone laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. :)
Take the time to spread a little kindness, and you might just inspire someone to do the same. You never know what hope and goodness one small act can generate!