August is Family Fun Month and with 19 days until September, there is still plenty of summer fun to be had.
Family fun doesn’t need to be extravagant, it can be anywhere, any time. And you don’t need to go far to have fun.
31 Ideas to Celebrate Family Fun Month:
- Go on a picnic
- Take a class together
- Visit a water/amusement park
- Take a trip to the local museum
- Play a game of charades
- Run through the sprinklers at the playground
- Make s’mores
- Put a jigsaw puzzle together
- Go on a treasure hunt
- Play hide and seek
- Play miniature golf
- Go to the beach and build a sand castle
- Play Marco Polo at the pool
- Build an indoor fort, tent or teepee
- Have a water balloon fight
- Sit around a campfire and tell scary stories
- Go through your childhood pictures and share a special memory with your child
- Go on a bike ride
- Be a tourist in your own town and visit a popular attraction
- Blow bubbles (better yet make your own!)
- Go to an arcade and play video games
- Go horseback riding
- Spend a Saturday morning in your pajamas, watching cartoons and eating cereal
- Go for Sunday brunch
- Toss a frisbee around
- Roll down a grassy hill
- Spend an evening star gazing
- Take a family photo
No matter where you live or what your budget is – there is something here for every family.
One of the best parts of parenthood is reliving your childhood with your kids and creating lifelong memories. Take these 31 days to spend time with your kids, talk to them but most all – enjoy them.
How do you plan on spending the last days of summer with your family?