June is officially here, marking the beginning of Fresh Fruits and Veggies Month! Now is a great time to remember to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into your meals. Here are some fun recipes that we found to get you thinking about colorful and healthy foods. Try one of these out, or share your own recipe on our Facebook Page!
- 1 large carrot (cut into chunks)
- 1 medium banana
- 15-20 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Chia seeds if desired
Blend and enjoy!
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower – should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon basil or rosemary, minced (or dry)
- ½ teaspoon oregano, minced (or dry)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (yellow, orange, red, green, or any combo of your choice)
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup canned corn (optional and not included in nutritional facts)
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Remove the stems from the cauliflower and cut into chunks, Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater or chop it very finely.
Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high. Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes (trust me don’t rush this step!). After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a kitchen towel and squeeze all the liquid out of it. Be sure to squeeze as much liquid as humanly possible.
Combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough texture forms. Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan in the shape of a pizza crust.
Bake the crust for approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the crust is golden and crispy. I cooked mine for approximately 15 minutes. After the crust is golden remove it from the oven and top with pizza sauce then cheese then the chopped veggies.
Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for another 12-15 minutes.