Greene County YMCA Personal Trainers
Personal training is a great program here at the YMCA. Our motivated and talented trainers will help you get back on track or reach your wellness goal! The Capital District would like to introduce you to the Greene County YMCA Personal Trainers!
Joe Della Morte
“The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you.”
Joe enjoys all sports including baseball, basketball, football and tennis. He likes working with all types of backgrounds from active older adults to those with developmental disabilities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise Science from Coastal Carolina University
- Certified Exercise Physiologist with the American College of Sports Medicine
Ask Joe for help with strength training, functional fitness, sport-specific training, injury prevention, stability, balance, flexibility, weight management and injury rehabilitation.
“80% of success is showing up!”
Christina understands the struggles of weight loss, maintenance, and staying motivated. She was the winner of a total body transformation contest in 2011 when she lost a total of 96 lbs.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the American Council on Exercise and Enhanced Fitness
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Ask Christina for help with health and fitness goals, interval training, free weights, core work and managing arthritis.
“Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.”
Gwendolyn’s love of fitness stems from training herself mentally to develop new physical achievements. Her passion includes several hobbies such as competing in Women’s Natural Bodybuilding and participating in charity cycling events.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the International Sports Sciences Association
- Fitness Nutrition
- Exercise Therapy
- Cycling with the American Sports and Fitness Association
- CPR/AED with the American Heart Assoc.
- EMT-B with the NYS Department of Health
Ask Gwendolyn for help to balance a healthy lifestyle with all the daily activities in your life.
“Every day is another chance to change your life.”
Derek loves his job at the Y because it gives him the opportunity to work with so many different people. He enjoys working with all ages and all fitness levels from beginners to active older adults to competitive athletes.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the YMCA/American Council on Exercise
Ask Derek for help with strength training, circuit training, cardiovascular training and sport-specific training.
“If you don’t take care of your body, where are you going to live?”
Lori enjoys working with all age groups and levels of ability. She’s attended TRX Suspension Training courses. Lori also has completed many sprint distance triathlons, 5k’s and half marathons in the Chicago area.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise Science from Olivet Nazarene University
Ask Lori for help with strength training, cardiovascular training, balance, flexibility and TRX suspension training.