Outstanding Student and Educator Awards
On behalf of the Capital District YMCA’s Southern Saratoga branch, we would like to thank you for your interest in the 2020 Outstanding Student and Educator Awards.
This event recognizes the “best of the best” in our local high schools; spotlighting those students and educators that demonstrate leadership and volunteerism in their respective school, community and/or YMCA.
Event Date and Time:
The Student and Educator Awards will be held on Thursday, May 28th at 7:30 a.m. The awards breakfast will be held at The Elks Lodge, 695 Mac Elroy Rd, Ballston Lake, NY 12019.
Other Important Dates:
- Applications completed and submitted no later than: March 31st
- High School Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students from Shenendehowa High School, Ballston Spa High School, Mechanicville High School, Saratoga Catholic, Stillwater High School, Waterford-Halfmoon High School
- Demonstrates leadership and dedication in service to their schools, communities and/or YMCA. YMCA leadership and service is a plus!
- Demonstrates behavior which is “socially courageous”, a person who is able to make responsible and positive choices.
- Character that embraces the values of the YMCA: CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY.
How to Apply, Nominate an Educator, or Submit a Reference:
- Students: Click here to apply
- Students must also secure 1 or 2 references and have them submit a recommendation.
- School Staff: To nominate an educator, click here
Award Winners will receive the following:
- 1 Year Youth or Adult membership to CDYMCA
- Award plaque and an official government certificate
- Educator Winner also receives a $100 voucher to S&S Worldwide
For more information, contact Joe Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 371-2139, x 5551