Outstanding Student and Educator Awards
On behalf of the Capital District YMCA’s Guilderland and Bethlehem branches we would like to thank you for your interest in the 2020 Outstanding Student and Educator Awards.
This is our twenty-third annual event for the Guilderland and Bethlehem YMCA’s Student and Educator Awards which recognizes the “best of the best” in our local high schools; spotlighting those students and educators that demonstrate leadership and volunteerism in their respective school, community and/or YMCA.
Event Date and Time:
The Student and Educator Awards will be held on Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. The awards breakfast will be held at The Appel Inn, 590 NY Route 146, Altamont, NY 12009
Other Important Dates:
- Applications completed and submitted no later than: March 11th
- Applications reviewed by the committee and students/educators will be chosen by: March 19th
- Award winners will be notified by: March 19th – 29th
- High School Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students from Guilderland High School, Bethlehem High School, Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk High School, Clayton A. Boughton High School, Berne-Knox-Westerlo High School.
- Demonstrates leadership and dedication in service to their schools, communities and/or YMCA. YMCA leadership and service is a plus!
- Demonstrates behavior which is “socially courageous”, a person who is able to make responsible and positive choices.
- Character that embraces the values of the YMCA: CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY.
How to Apply, Nominate an Educator, or Submit a Reference:
- Students: Click here to apply
- Students must also secure 1 or 2 references and have them submit a recommendation.
- School Staff: To nominate an educator, click here
- References/Sponsors: Click here to submit a reference/recommendation for a student
Award Winners will receive the following:
- 6-Month Youth or Adult membership to the CDYMCA
- Award Certificate
For more information from Guilderland, contact Thomas Denman at email@example.com or (518) 456-3634, x 1150
For more information from Bethlehem, contact Rusty Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 439-4394, x 1450