Community Give Back Day
Saturday, September 18 from 12-4pm
The Capital District YMCA is excited to partner with Power Health Tour & Organized Youth—Youth Squad® to offer a Capital Region a free Community Give Back Day!
As an anchor in the communities we serve, your Capital District YMCA is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, knowing that these efforts create better opportunities for all. In the critical role of community advocate and partner, the Y is uniquely positioned to bring our community together to reduce health disparities and achieve health equity.
Organized Youth—Youth Squad® is an organization with a mission to educate and empower youth to obtain career guidance, explore social entrepreneurship and develop critical life skills by providing access to tools and resources needed by those in underserved communities. Power Health Tour is a national initiative designed to empower individuals and communities to become major players in solving their own health problems by providing community health fairs, fitness demonstrations, senior health and wellness projects, virtual seminars, consulting with health and wellness organizations and more.
Join us for the free Community Give Back Day and Outreach Day and enjoy the following things:
Snack Packs • Bags of Groceries • Health Screenings • Health & Wellness Information • Hand Sanitizer • Information about Colleges and Student Grants • Resume Building Tips • School Supplies • Senior Kits with Information about Health & Wellness • Mental Health Information • COVID-19 On Site Vaccinations • COVID -19 Testing • Flu Shot
Location: Schenectady YMCA, 433 State Street, Schenectady, NY
Health Lecture Schedule
Located in the Spin Room. Space is limited. First come, first serve.
- 12-4 pm – Providers from Capital District Area available to provide individual educational sessions on blood pressure medications and discuss methods to improve blood pressure control.
- 12-4pm One on One Nutrition Education
- 12-4pm One on One educational sessions understanding BMI – Body Mass Index and methods to achieve healthy body weights available.
- 12-4pm Blood Pressure screenings will be done by the Black Nurses Coalition.
- 1pm – Combating Vaccine Hesitancy
Janice Pride-Boone, M.D. Macedonia Baptist Church
- 2pm – Update Sickle Cell Anemia
Boahema Pinto, M.D., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Capital District
- 2pm Overcoming COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy
Presented by Dr. Janice Pride-Boone, MD, FAAP
Questions? Contact Rebecca Atwell • 518-764-0302 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Power Health Tour: www.Powerhealthtour.com • 857-309-3079