Greenbush YMCA Personal Trainers
Personal training is a great program here at the YMCA. Our motivated and talented trainers will help you get back on track or reach your wellness goal! The Capital District would like to introduce you to the Greenbush YMCA Personal Trainers!
Cathy Van Orden, Wellness Director
“If what you’re doing isn’t getting you the results you’re looking for, then it’s time for a change.”
Cathy joined the Greenbush YMCA wellness staff in 2015 after working for the Youth and Teen department and being an active member since 2010. Cathy enjoys running preschool and youth sports programs, cooking classes and educational programs, while also being a mother to her two sons, Andrew and Joshua.
- Certified Personal Trainer through Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- Certified YMCA Group Exercise Instructor
Ask Cathy for help with strength training, weight loss programming and functional training.
“Hey… did you remember to stretch?”
Chris has worked for the YMCA since 2011. He has been a personal trainer since 2006 working with younger and older adults.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer with Equinox Personal Training
Ask Chris for help with conditioning, weight lifting, yoga and balance training.
“With the right guidance anyone can reach their goals along with effort and a positive attitude.”
The ability to control and change the body through exercise and nutrition fascinates Eric. After studying at University of Washington he continued learning at an outpatient PT clinic. There he learned proper body mechanics and how to strengthen the body safely and efficiently.
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Health Coach
Ask Eric for help with injury prevention, improved joint stability, balance, and building functional strength.
“Train consistently, train hard, train smart, and train safely.”
John is a Health & Physical Education teacher in Lansingburgh and an instructor at Hudson Valley Community College. He has worked in Fitness for over 40 years with experience as a strength & conditioning coach (Siena College), and fitness director & rehabilitation specialist.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist – NSCA
- American Red Cross Instructor for First Aid, CPR, & AED
Ask John for help with strength & conditioning training and functional training.
“Every training session, every set, every rep is turning you into a stronger version of yourself.”
Kathy knows the importance of taking time for yourself for better overall wellness. After an injury, she worked with a trainer to regain movement, strength, and a healthy attitude.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- Group Exercise Instructor with the AFAA
- MAD Dogg Spinning Instructor
- Suspension Training for Older Adults with the AFAA
- YMCA Healthy Heart Ambassador
Ask Kathy for help with strength training and integrated functional movement.
“Commit, Courage, and Belief: It’s not easy, it’s mental as it is physical, and trust in the process. Keep showing up.”
Chuck studied Physical Education at HVCC and has training clients for over 10 years. With a wealth of knowledge to cover all aspects of Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition he strives to educate and motivate clients so they know their greatness.
- Certified Personal Trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist with the NASM
- National Sports Performance Coach with the National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)
Ask Chuck for help with strength, conditioning, and power training.