The Capital District YMCA (CDYMCA) is seeking an intern for our marketing team. This is a great opportunity to work alongside the marketing team at the headquarters supporting over 8 YMCA branches, childcare centers, and camps.
CDYMCA has an incredible growing team with a great culture and we are looking for the right person to join our marketing team. This is an unpaid position beginning in May 2022. The internship will last approximately 10-12 weeks with an opportunity to extend the length of the internship.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with marketing team to plan and execute a focused marketing strategy that helps the CDYMCA increase their membership, target specific age groups, and assist with the Capital Campaign.
- Work with the branches to assist in creating materials to promote events, lead generation, follow-up, and support.
- Attend networking and marketing events.
- Assist with social media strategy and developing social media posts for 10 plus accounts.
- Establish measurements and success metrics for social networking initiatives.
- Assist the team with marketing and media relations initiatives as needed.
- Provide special event help as needed.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Organized with an incredible eye for detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience developing engaging social media content on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Applications experience.
- Creative and outgoing personality.
- Photography and videography skills.
- Free YMCA membership
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Credit for college