Hey you! Do you like butterscotch? And do you like pudding? What about butterscotch pudding? Well, if you answered yes to all three, today is your lucky day because it is National Butterscotch Pudding Day! For those of you who don’t know what butterscotch pudding is, it’s exactly what you think it is! It’s a simple dessert and of course extremely tasty!
Here is a great recipe to try out today to celebrate National Butterscotch Pudding Day!
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
Happy National Butterscotch Pudding Day!