September 29th is a day where we honor the very thing we get out of bed for, what motivates us through our days, and what we can only have when it’s made a certain way. If you have a slight obsession with coffee, you may want to keep reading to learn some new recipes.
Almond Espresso Float
(courtesy of Folger’s Coffee)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3/4 cup chocolate milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 scoops of coffee ice cream
- Cream soda
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- Put glass intended to be used for this drink in the freezer, for a more refreshing taste.
- Make the instant coffee and add the chocolate milk and almond extract. Stir in frozen glass.
- Add the scoops of ice cream
- Top it off with the cream soda.
- Add whipped cream to the top and cocoa powder if you would like.
Brown Sugar Caramel Latte
(courtesy of food.com)
- 1 tbls. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon caramel
- 3/4 cup hot brewed coffee
- Stir brown sugar into half & half in a separate bowl. Whip with a small whisk
- Pour coffee into a mug. Stir in caramel until dissolved.
- Add brown sugar/half & half mix to the coffee.
Let us know if you created these recipes and how they were! And have a happy National Coffee Day!