Summer Bucket List Challenge
Did you know that the YMCA offers loads of fun throughout the summer? From group exercise classes to Farmer’s Markets, we have it all! And we want you to join in on the fun!
How great would it be to capture Summer 2019 all on your Facebook or Instagram account? Imagine yourself in the middle of February, wishing you could go back to Summer 2019. Well you can if you join our Summer Bucket List Challenge. You’ll be able to revisit the fun memories you make this summer.
How do you start?
Well, simply sign up for our FREE challenge!
Fill out the Registration Form here and you’re in. There are a few requirements in order to earn points. But! These points will give you the chance to win some awesome prizes.
How to Earn Points:
- Sign-up using the Google Form linked here
- Once you’re registered, we will invite you to join our private Facebook group. This is where you can update us and we can update you regarding all things bucket list challenge.
- To earn points, refer to the activities list provided below. You will also be able to find this on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Additionally, we will be putting out a monthly list of activities for even more ways to earn points!
- When you have attended or completed an activity on the list, snap a picture, post it on Facebook, Instagram or both, include the hashtag #CDYMCASummerBucketListChallenge19 and hit post! It’s really that easy!
- We will monitor the hashtag and track your points for you! Not comfortable with having your account public? No problem! Simply screenshot your post and upload it to the private Facebook page and we will log in your points.
- At the end of each week, a prize will be awarded to the most creative post.
The challenge ends on August 31st. At the end of the challenge the top three participants with the most points will win a prize.
What are the prizes?
You could win:
Grand Prize: 6 Month Membership to YMCA of choice
2nd Place Prize: Personal Training Package
3rd Place Prize: $50 Gift Card to the YMCA
We are so excited to share this challenge with you and have you join in on all of the fun the YMCA has to offer! Throughout the challenge, refer to this blog post for any updates as well as the private Facebook group.
If you have any questions about the challenge, send us a message to our Capital District YMCA Facebook page. We’re happy to help!
Earn points all summer long by:
- Visit a new YMCA-1pt
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter-1pt
- Attend a group exercise class at the Y-1pt
- Sign up and attend a Wellness Orientation-1pt
- Post a picture of a healthy meal-1pt
- Share a recipe of a healthy summer meal-1pt
- Try a new machine in the wellness center-1pt
- Post your daily workouts-1pt
- Bring your kids to child watch-1pt
- Take a walk or run outside-1pt
- Receive a Swim Evaluation-1pt
- Take a tour of your local branch-1pt
- Share your race series training process-1pt
- Play a Y sport-1pt
- Walk a mile on the track-1pt
- Work Out with a Friend-1pt
- Download our new app-1pt
- Take a selfie with a stranger-1pt
- Camp Open Houses-1pt
- Open Houses-1pt
- Meet your executive director (or points for every director) -1pt
- Attend a Self Defense Class-5pt
- Participate in a Red Cross Course-5pt
- Family Fun Nights-5pt
- Parent’s Night Out/Kids Night Out-5pt
- Volunteer for the Y-5pt
- Share your #ThisIsMyY Story -5pt
- Try Pilates at the Southern Saratoga YMCA-10pt
- Take a Swim Lesson-10pt
- Host a birthday party at the Y-10pt
- Register for/Attend Camp-10pt
- Take a private basketball lesson or attend a skills and drills clinic-10pt
- Take a Personal Training Session-10pt
- Join the Y-50pt
- Get a friend to join the Y-50pt
- Schenectady Summer Nights-1pt
- Greenbush Farmer’s Market-1 pt every time you go
- Troy Healthy Family Zone at the Troy Farmer’s Market-1 pt every time you go
- Troy Treat Yourself Tuesday’s at Friendly’s-5pt
- 20th – Duanesburg Triathlon-10pt
- Hump Day 5K- 10pt
- Active Older Adults Day- 5pt