If you’ve seen the news, Enterovirus EV-D68 has reached the Capital District. Now is a good time for some tips to help prevent the spread of viruses this fall.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid kissing, hugging, and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick.
- Use the same precautions you would use to prevent the spread of influenza.
Source: NYS Department of Health
Read more about Enterovirus EV-D68 in the Times Union