August 25th is recognized as National Banana Split Day every year. Why? Because why not? A delicious massive dessert like this needs a day for everyone to appreciate it! We at the Y have compiled a couple of banana split-esque recipes that you just HAVE to try in celebration of today!
Banana Split Cheesecake
- 3 medium bananas, quartered
- Blend the melted butter or margarine with the graham crackers and press into the bottom of 9×12 inch pan.
- Blend the confectioner’s sugar and the cream cheese together until smooth. Spread over the graham cracker crumb layer. Layer the crushed pineapple and the bananas over the cream cheese layer. Then spread the whipped topping over the top. Decorate with maraschino cherry halves. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top and sprinkle with pecans. Chill for at least 4 hours then serve.
Banana Split Kebabs
- 2 bananas, cut into 1″ pieces
- 24 1″ pieces pineapple
- 12 large strawberries, rinsed, dried, and halved
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
- Make kebabs: Thread two pieces of banana, pineapple, and strawberry onto skewer. Repeat process to assemble 23 more skewers. Place all on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in microwave. Do so in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over fruit kebabs and top with chopped peanuts. Freeze until ready to serve.