Happy National Cheese Pizza Day!!
Yes, there is a national day for pizza. This is not a drill.
Thanks to this awesome national day, we all now have a great reason to eat pizza for each meal of our day.
Did you ever realize how many different forms pizza comes in? There are pizza bagels, pizza rolls, pizza burgers, cone pizzas, pizza sticks, pizza sandwiches, and pizza bread. Everything. Is. Pizza. Go ahead, try one of each! It’s okay, because today anything is acceptable if it’s pizza.
Try out this easy recipe to make your own cheese pizza so you can celebrate at home!
1 1/2 cups Bisquick™ Original baking mix
1/3 cup very hot water
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
1. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 450°. Grease 12-inch pizza pan. Stir baking mix and water until soft dough forms.
2. Pat dough in pizza pan, using fingers dipped in baking mix; pinch edge, forming 1/2-inch rim. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly.
Here are some fun facts about pizza!
- In 1997 it was estimated that the annual production of pizza cheese in the United States was 2 billion pounds.
- The first United States pizza establishment opened in 1905 was in New York’s Little Italy.
- Pizza has become one of America’s favorite meals.