School Age Childcare
The Y offers youth a path with a purpose. From early childhood to their teen years and beyond.
The destination? A well-balanced adult with character, ambition and social skills. The Y’s life programs are designed to better prepare youth for their future with skills, confidence and social awareness that is needed to thrive on their path into adulthood.
YMCA Before & After School Care Benefits:
- Conveniently located on school campuses and your local YMCA
- Transportation offered at select sites
- All sites are licensed through the Office of Children and Family Services
- All staff undergo pre-employment background checks
- We follow OCFS staff to child ratios
- Highly qualified staff who receive ongoing education and training
All of our before and after school programs provide a range of activities including:
- Homework assistance
- Structured enrichment activities
- Indoor/outdoor physical play
- Hands-on engaging activity centers for students to explore
- Healthy snacks
- Lessons in empathy and inclusion as well as service-learning
Before and after school programs start on September 11, 2023
Registration opens Monday, May 1 at 7pm.
- All programs must have at least 15 children registered to run.
- All AM Programs begin at 7am and end when school begins
- New Scotland AM program starts at 7:30am
- All PM programs begin at the dismissal of the school day and run until 6 pm
Childcare Billing Questions and Contact Info
Monthly payments for Y Time can be made by automatic draft, cash, online, or by mailing check to Billing Capital District YMCA, 465 New Karner Road Albany, NY 12205.
Please print your child’s name in the memo section of your check. Because the Capital District YMCA processes checks as electronic funds transfers, the check will appear as a debit on your statement, and you will not receive a cancelled check.
We do not mail a bill each month. All payments are due by the 1st of each month. Payments received after the 8th will be subject to a $25 late fee. If your payment is not received by the 15th, your child will be removed from the program. If you have any additional questions, contact the Billing Department at email@example.com or call 518.869.3500.
- Joseph Henry Elementary PM
- Greenville Elementary PM
- Turnpike Elementary AM/PM
- Rensselaer AM/PM
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all children—new and recurring—need to register annually.
If your child’s school is not listed as a confirmed site, please contact your school administration directly for information related to services provided.
Sessions are purchased and billed monthly. There is not an option for daily rates.
If a spot opens, someone from the childcare/billing department will reach out to you.
You can log into your YMCA account anytime to make or change a payment method or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You cannot cancel you registration online, you must contact the director or email@example.com with at least 2 weeks’ notice.